Air compressors are an indispensable part of air duct cleaning but they are not much popular. Air compressors are commonly used for the purpose of air washing and air whipping. It is also required to use pneumatic tools.
Air compressors are useful to your home, office, shop or garage. They are more than a necessity for industrial and business firms. Contractors cannot even imagine cleaning cars or homes without air washing or air whipping. Air compressors increase the effectiveness of washing/ whipping tools by consuming lots of air.
Though using the air compressor is a relief yet shopping for it is no less than a nightmare. There are so many specifications regarding air compressors that it may confuse you. But do not worry about these specifications, we are here to help you with them. These five basic factors will help you to choose the best air compressor.
- Cost: Budget is an important factor when you think of buying something. The common misconception “expensive is good” does not hold well all the time. Do not buy an air compressor just because it is expensive rather choose one that fits your budget. The cost of the air compressor depends on its size. Small tools are cheap but they are not good enough for powering all the tools. Therefore, choose size according to its cost and budget.
- Purpose: It is easy to buy a cost-efficient and effective air compressor when you where to use it. If you want to use it for industrial purpose, you need an air compressor packed with features that allows you to take more challenging jobs. If you want to use it for home purpose, you need to buy smaller, moveable unit. Just remember the compressor will be able to drive the air device.
- Air compressor specifications: Specifications are a crucial factor when it comes to choosing the best air compressor. The high rating horsepower of the air compressor creates more air pressure. The compressor should be able to store more air in the reservoir so that it may allow operating tools for an extended period of time. For heavier projects, one should choose a compressor with higher cubic feet per minute (CFM). Larger tanks are capable of storing more air thus produces more pressure. Also, it is important to consider the space where you want to keep it.
- Portability: Air compressors are of two types: Portable and stationary. Movable air compressors can be taken anywhere you are working. Prefer it if your work involves movement. These are compact and lighter as compared to stationary air compressors. Stationary air compressors are good for those who work at particular sites.
- Power supply: Though it is not an essential aspect yet it is important to look if it can provide continuous power supply. Prefer electrical air compressors over gas ones especially if you are using it at construction sites. Secondly, if you constantly face electrical issues choose gas air compressor over electric one. Electric air compressors are comparatively expensive as per https://carhq.org/best-portable-air-compressor-cars .
Now after going through all the specifications you know that one factor depends on another and you need to create a particular choice as per your requirement.